I love my iPad app! It contains the most detailed breakdown of my playing style that I have ever seen.
NOTE: If you're having trouble hearing the sound, check the Mute switch on your iPad. We honor it.
Learn all about the life and music of Johnny Winter through an illustrated mini-book and audio clips of Johnny sharing thoughts and experiences. Then learn some of Winter's blues licks, riffs, turnarounds, and solos played by the master himself. Explore Johnny's blues vocabulary on standard electric, slide, and National Steel guitar. Learn the licks through animated sheet music that features high-quality audio and text commentary for each one. You can slow down the music (without changing its pitch) to ¾ or ½ speeds to help you learn it. Loop over any portion of a piece or an entire piece.
Uses high-quality audio, not synthesized music.
All of the audio licks are recorded by Johnny Winter himself, with Paul Nelson on rhythm guitar and Dave Rubin on bass.
Also features instructional videos showing Johnny demonstrating his signature styles and techniques. These guitar parts are then broken down and taught note-by-note by master blues teacher Al Ek.
Included videos cover Johnny's Equipment, Elmore James’ style and a Texas Shuffle. (Over 57 minutes.)
You can also stream selected YouTube videos featuring Johnny or members of his band. Note: Charges for the purchase of this app are levied by G-Men Productions and not by YouTube. YouTube does not charge users for accessing videos on YouTube.
A visual Discography displaying many of Johnny’s albums with information about each one.
Other videos available for purchase and download (iOS 6 and above only):
Assorted Slow Blues – B.B. King-style – Chuck Berry-style
Gatemouth Boogie – Dylan’s Highway 61 Revisited-style
Jimmy Reed-style – Muddy Waters-style – National Slow Blues
Rockin’ the Blues – T-Bone Walker-style – A Winter Slide Tune
• 37 riffs or solos of varying lengths
(A packet of 17 additional animated licks can be purchased.)
• Audio with text commentary for each riff/solo
• Notes and tab, with animation, shows you what to play for each riff/solo
• Slow down each piece, without changing its pitch, to ¾ or ½ speed to help you learn it
• Loop over any portion of a piece or the entire piece (regular speed or slowed down)
• Share your progress on social media or message (iOS 6+)
• An illustrated mini-book about the life and music of Johnny Winter featuring audio clips of Johnny
• A visual discography showing many of Johnny’s recordings during his stellar career
• Videos of Johnny’s playing and companion videos of Al Ek teaching you how to play it note-by-note
(The music covered in the videos may be different from the animated sheet music.)
• The ability to purchase additional note-by-note videos (for iOS 6 and above) and riffs
• A built-in tuner with clickable strings to help you tune your guitar
• Everything is included; no Wi-Fi or cell streaming is required except to play YouTube videos or download purchases
This app was produced by Cherry Lane Music Company, a leader in music instruction, and by G-Men Productions.