Pocket Storm is an environmental audio player which streams an hour-long, ever-changing thunderstorm.
It starts with a calm summer night. Soon you’ll hear thunder in the distance, then wind and a spatter of rain. After half an hour you’ll be in the thick of the storm. By the end of the hour it will have faded into the night again. Then the cycle begins again.
Pocket Storm is not like other environmental audio apps. Every thunderstorm is different! Wind, rain, thunder — even chirping crickets — every sound is chosen from a library, with subtle variations of pitch and timing. The Pocket Storm weaves these elements into a tapestry of sound which will never repeat.
- A storm that approaches, surrounds you, and then drifts away.
- Elegant, uncluttered interface.
- Set the storm’s duration anywhere from a sixty-minute monster down to a five-minute squall...
...or hold the skies in place, and listen to the same weather for as long as you want.
- Listen with headphones...
...or send audio to an AppleTV or other AirPlay device on your wireless network.
- Runs as a background audio app.
- Never-ending, ever-changing soundscape generated right on your iOS device.
...(No Internet connection required!)
Pocket Storm is also available for your new Apple TV. It's a joint iOS/tvOS purchase – buy either version and you can download both!
All the sounds in Pocket Storm's library are Creative Commons licensed audio samples from Freesound.org.
Use the Pocket Storm for white noise, tuning out distractions; for relaxation, meditation, or going to sleep. Tune your desert to rain, or your city street to chirping crickets.