Come Again, Pelican is a wonderful adventure for any young reader. This story is about the great friendship between a young boy vacationing beside the sea with his parents and a pelican who comes to the boy's "rescue." Young readers will delight in the boy's seaside discoveries.
Come Again, Pelican is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn Inc. The app is based on Don Freeman’s book by the same name.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
- Kids learn the importance of loving other living beings.
- Teach the concept of beach vacations and fishing.
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
-What are the characteristics of a Pelican?
-Name at least 4 water birds and what do they eat?
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: email@example.com
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn