FEATURES OF THE ESSENCE OF THE OLD TESTAMENT APP
- Sample chapters from The Essence of the Old Testament
- Bookcasting Enabled App! While reading a book through this app, you can choose to Bookcast exactly what is on your screen. Perfect for small groups and book clubs, this feature helps facilitate discussion creating a truly social, face-to-face reading experience. Bring attention to key passages by highlighting text on your screen and have it show up in the followers screen. This feature works between iPhone and iPads and content can be followed by any Bookcast-enabled app from LifeWay.
- Over 100 quotes from the book in order to scan the chapters and to share on Facebook and Twitter
- Support for LifeWay's Discussion Presenter tool
- Sync your content between your iPhone, iPad, and MyStudyBible.com
THE ESSENCE OF THE OLD TESTAMENT
The Essence of the Old Testament surveys the books from Genesis to Malachi. Based on thirty years of scholarly research and classroom teaching, a team of biblical scholars from Liberty University provides a practical, readable, and insightful introduction to the Hebrew Scriptures in canonical order.
This uniquely illustrated, full-color volume features book introductions, background studies, outlines, surveys, theological concepts, practical applications, study questions, and helpful Hebrew word studies for English readers.
Editors Ed Hindson and Gary Yates draw from a lifetime of teaching to provide a well tested and proven Old Testament overview written at the collegiate level, yet appropriate for pastors, scholars, and laymen alike. They represent the finest evangelical scholarship along with a passion to open windows of spiritual and practical insight into the biblical text.
This exciting new survey of the Scriptures highlights the key elements of the Hebrew literature of the Law, the Prophets, and the Poets of the Old Testament. The history, archaeology, and wisdom of the biblical world are revealed with an eye on the application of their moral principles, theological insights, and practical application to today’s world.