How do you know if you pronounced a Mandarin tone correctly without human tutors? The first-ever tone detector app lets you make a judgement by yourself instantly. It is very intuitive for you to practice your tones.
The Chinese tones are the most difficult part for a foreign language learner to speak Chinese. How to get rid of strong non-native accent and misunderstanding caused by tone issues? Using this app, practice to be right in every Mandarin tonal syllable first!
Hear sample tonal syllables, practice tonal syllables and see their pitch shapes immediately. By comparing your pitch contours with the sample pitch contours directly, you can make a judgement easily by yourself. From the visual intuitive feedback, you may improve your tones quickly.
This app basically covers all the possible Mandarin chinese syllables with lexical tones. They are 407 base syllables and 1259 tonal syllables. This app provides a sample sound for each tonal syllable for you to compare. By following the sample sounds, you can practice all the Mandarin tonal syllables and learn Chinese pronunciations.
This app is essential to all Chinese learners to master Chinese tone quickly. It could be used for tone lecture demonstration purpose too.
In the lite version ToneDetector:
1. detects sample tone contours.
2. covers 56 base syllables and 185 tonal syllables.
In the full version ToneDetector:
1. detects both sample tone contours and your tone contours.
2. covers all the Mandarin chinese syllables with lexical tones. They are 407 base syllables and 1259 tonal syllables.
3. supports to select syllables randomly, or select syllables by typing.