The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has developed this free app as a useful offline reference for the British National Formulary for Children (BNFC).
The NICE BNFC app is currently only available to NHS staff in England, Scotland and Wales.
Aimed at pharmacists, doctors, nurses, social care professionals and other healthcare professionals who prescribe and administer medicines, the app provides easy offline access to-up-to-date practical information on prescribing, dispensing and administrating medicines for children.
To use the NICE BNFC app for the first time and to activate any content updates, you will need to enter your NHS Athens user name and password.
Eligible users in England can register for an NHS Athens account by selecting the Journal and Database section on NHS Evidence.
Eligible users in Scotland can register for an NHS Athens account by visiting The Knowledge Network website and selecting the login option at the top of the homepage.
Eligible users in Wales register for an NHS Athens account by visiting the NHS Wales e-Library for health website and selecting the Athens option on the homepage.
Please ensure you have an active WIFI (recommended) or 3G connection to activate the app, or to download content updates.
• Browse and search offline the complete up-to-date content from the British National Formulary for Children (BNFC)
• Optimised for iPhone and iPads
• Auto-complete search with filters for chapters, monographs, interactions and preparations
• Update notifications when new editions or updates are available
• Content bookmarking
• Accessible reading features