• Updated Airport and Navaid databases.
• Remember NavBagLite is available as a FREE download so you can try out the great features of NavBag BEFORE you buy. (NavBagLite does not include NOTAMs, Personal Notes or the BRIEFING page).
• We are currently working on a major upgrade of NavBag with many new features and an iPad interface. More details to follow soon.
NavBag includes comprehensive information on more than 4700 small, medium and large European Airports, Airfields and Heliports as well as more than 3600 European Navaids (NDB, VOR, TACAN, VORTAC, DME and ILS). Using NavBag you can download METARs, TAFs and NOTAMs as well as 58 Satellite SIGWX, Wind/Temp and MSLP charts. All data is automatically saved for later offline viewing. NavBag also gives you a searchable database of all 74 IATA Standard Delay Codes.
Using NavBag you can:
• Search by ICAO, IATA, or airport name and/or browse airports by size, type or country;
• Browse all airports within a 400nm radius of the selected airport, organised by distance and filtered by size.
• Quickly locate the nearest CAT2 or CAT3 airport - very useful when planning alternates;
• View a scalable satellite image of all airports and heliports (*requires Internet) - very useful when flying to an unfamiliar location ;
• Download real-time METARs, TAFs and NOTAMs and store them for later offline viewing (*requires Internet);
• Save your own personal notes for any Airport.
• View nearby airports (configurable by size or type) - particularly useful when deciding alternates;
• View airport Comms information including ATIS, VOLMET, APP, TWR and GND frequencies (where available);
• For airports without ATIS, see the bearing/distance and ATIS frequency of the nearest ATIS airport;
• Browse the Navaids serving a selected airport;
• View detailed information for each Navaid: frequency, ident, Morse ident, location, elevation, type and power;
• View a scalable satellite image of each Navaid (*requires Internet);
• View runway information (where available) for MED/LGE airports including details of which runways have an ILS approach;
• Browse or search a comprehensive index of all IATA 2013 delay codes;
• Download and store 58 European synoptic charts depicting SIGWX, Wind/Temp and MSLP for offline viewing (*requires Internet).
• Detailed contextual Help is available on every page - just click the ? symbol.
NOTE: THIS APPLICATION IS NOT DESIGNED OR INTENDED FOR OPERATIONAL USE. It is not a substitute for airmanship, common-sense or
good judgement. While every effort is made to keep the databases up-to-date, they may contain errors and/or omissions and are NOT a certified source of flight information.
NOTE: METAR, TAF and NOTAM reports and synoptic charts are provided by third party sources and NavBag cannot guarantee their availability. Users must ensure that all downloaded WX and NOTAMs are current before use.
The Airport and Navaid databases cover EUROPE and certain other contiguous countries only. Please check the following list to confirm that NavBag contains the territories you require: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City.