The app will take you on an exciting journey of discovery, helping you to explore Conwy town walls at your own pace.
You’ll discover marvels along the way, and catch glimpses of the sights and sounds of medieval Conwy. You’ll see the Smallest House in Great Britain, King Edward I’s luxurious private apartments, and a wonderful collection of artwork inspired by the castle’s history. Discover the mystery of Llywelyn’s Hall, and listen to a searing account from the front line of a war zone. Find out what a medieval toilet really looks like, and puzzle over a very unusual grave…
Complete the challenges as you go to unlock Jackdaws, if you unlock eight you will discover the legend of the Conwy Jackdaws.
Get ready to follow in the footsteps of guards, craftsmen, merchants, princes and kings. Get ready to discover the secrets of Conwy…
– Contains Welsh and English language options
– Contains 12 locations around Conwy town walls and castle
– Each location gives you a historical background
– See photos of each location
– GPS map helps you find your way between locations
– Take part in fun challenges as you walk around the area
– Upload your own photos for others to see
– Send a virtual postcard to family and friends for FREE within the app
– Follow the story around Wales with information on other places to visit
* The mapping element requires the built-in GPS of the phone or tablet device and a suitable data connection;
* Devices without a built-in camera won’t be able to complete the photo challenges;
* The postcard require you to have an email set up on your device and a suitable data connection to send;
* Due to the nature of this app we ask you to be careful whilst walking around the castle and town walls. You will be crossing roads and walking through public spaces so please be vigilent of hazards and obstacles. You are fully responsible for your actions whilst playing this game and by playing the game you hold Cadw and The Welsh Government and all subsideries harmless for any and all subsequent consequences of your actions;
* Please report any issues by email so we can continue to improve your experience.