Darken is a simple yet curiously interesting game. It is pleasant to play and it exercises your mind. Version 1.4 runs on the iPhone (3GS or newer) or iPod Touch with iOS 7.0 or newer. Although classified as an iPhone game It looks great and runs perfectly on an iPad or iPad Mini.
Put pips on a grid so that each one is next to others with the same color or the same shape. Fill a row or column and its pips disappear, its squares darken, you win points, and the value of that row or column increases. Fill the same row or column many times to get a high score but be careful to preserve a valid square for the next move. When every square has been darkened once play ends and your score is recorded. But be careful because play also ends and you lose your score if there is no valid move. With experience you discover tactics that enable your score to far exceed what seems possible at first.
• No timers and no need for speed
• Game Center leader boards and achievements worth 1000 points
• Tutorial mode available but optional
• No ads and no annoying pop-ups
• Safely pause the game at any time and resume when convenient
• Check out the support web site at darkengame.com