We Love This Book is Britain’s best and brightest independent book magazine. Aimed at everyone who loves reading, we don’t create false divisions: we just cover great books in articles written by the most talented journalists and authors.
At the front of the magazine, you’ll find timely, bite-sized features:
• a celebrity’s desert island books, from people like Tony Blair, Jeremy Paxman and Joan Bakewell
• books that explain the news, culture and sport headlines
• today’s new authors lauding yesterday’s greats
• ideas for things to get out and do this season
• recipes from the best new cookery books.
Then we have in-depth features, articles on fascinating subjects in both fiction and non-fiction:
• themed features explore issues like forbidden love, traitors, pioneering women, dangerous cheerleaders, the Titanic and lots more. Big-name authors like Jeffrey Eugenides and Mark Haddon sit beside incredible new talent like Erin Morgernstern and Eoin Ivey
• a genre feature takes a look at one thrilling area of writing, everything from music biography to gothic fiction
• a new, often exclusive short story from a major established talent like David Mitchell or Emma Donoghue
• The Book Tree, looking at the weird and wonderful links between books, everything from The Da Vinci Code to Lolita.
The Reviews section includes:
• around 50 adult fiction and non-fiction books, reviewed by booksellers
• crime, sci-fi and fantasy reviews
• longer lead reviews to highlight the most exciting new books
• paperback picks from booksellers and bloggers. There is also a dedicated children’s section with its own special cover.
There is also a dedicated children’s section with its own special cover. Inside you’ll find:
• one article about books for a younger age group, on subjects like starting school and zoos
• one piece for an older age group, with past examples being dystopian fiction and Philippa Gregory’s new series
• around 25 more reviews, organised by reading age, with paperbacks picked by children
• a children’s literary legend discussing their childhood.
So download We Love This Book and discover a whole new world of reading to explore.