4 Stars! - Best Apps for Kids
"We had a good time with Rhinomite, and I don’t think there are too many others out there like it." - the iPhone Mom!
Rhinomite responds to countless requests from parents and teachers who have been searching children's superhero games that engage a child's quest for adventure, yet does so in a non-violent manner. This special game is designed for the whole family.
The character of Rhinomite is an absurdly heroic figure who offers children the drama of creating fanciful costumes, the exhilaration of pretending to fly, and the challenge of avoiding obstacles in this bustling city setting.
This games focuses on spatial prepositions such as Over, Under, Beneath, Around and Through which are important to early language learning, and later investigations in mathematics and physics. In Rhinomite these words are showcased in a style inspired by the flare of classic comic book superheroes. We also display pertinent numerical information as points are earned or traded in for costumes.
Rhinomite is an open-ended game of flight and flexibility, that allows players to bring their own scenarios of sleuthing, mystery and intrigue to this imaginative setting. We supply the costumes, the challenge and the magic, but the child will supply the tale. We hope your budding young authors will create interesting motivations, conflicts, and triumphs for our fresh new character we call Rhinomite!
THINGS TO NOTICE:
- There are no images of weaponry in this super-drama.
- Equal values of ten points per "coin" was chosen for those who are learning to count by tens.
- Subtraction equations are displayed for young players as their points are earned and used for new costume parts.
- During game-play the upper-left corner of your touchscreen was intentionally chosen as the location for written words, since orienting children to that specific corner, as a starting place for text, has value in English literacy.
Families and teachers discussing Rhinomite with children may want to include topics and terms such as: tenacity, resiliency, counting by ten, multiples of ten, adding, subtracting, practice, prepositions, and TRY AGAIN...just like Rhinomite!
ESPECIALLY FOR TEACHERS
U.S. Common Core Standards:
- (K.L.1e) Language Arts standards, beginning at the kindergarten level, include the use of frequently occurring prepositions and continue to be important over the years of one's language development.
- (1.NBT.6) Adding and subtracting in multiples of ten begins being introduced in U.S. Common Core Standards in mathematics beginning in 1st grade.
I hope you enjoy Rhinomite!
Need any help?
If you need any help with our products or have suggestion on how we can improve – please visit our support page.
Thank you for buying our app. If you like it, we would be very happy if you would give us a positive review in the App Store :)