Greater Wellington’s award winning Cycling & Walking Journey Planner is now an app! The ‘Walk Cycle Wellington’ mobile journey planner helps make cycling and walking even more convenient by providing you with a map and directions that you can carry with you. Whether you are a seasoned or a novice walker or cyclist, planning a commute to work or a trip to the local shops or library, simply key in your origin and destination and in seconds you'll have all the information you need about your particular journey!
With the convenience of your phones GPS combined with the apps knowledge of the most popular spots in the Wellington region make it very simple to plan a journey from one location to another. You also have the option of going via a third location if needed. ‘Walk Cycle Wellington’ will avoid large hills whenever there is a convenient alternative. And the planner’s database is full of minor paths and tracks, which often make great shortcuts. Once planned you can check your progress along the route map, and follow the step-by-step route directions the app provides.
- Route Planning
* Quickly plan a cycling or walking journey between two or three locations.
* Choose points of interest or addresses for your start and end locations.
* Follow the step-by-step instructions of your planned route.
* Use your ‘current location’ as a start, end or via point of your journey.
* Following your current location on the map.
- Journey Information
* View an altitude graph of your route.
- Share Your Journey
* Share your journey with others via Twitter or Email.
- Extra Maps
* Access extra maps for tricky areas like botanic gardens.