You can now access over 150 years of language experience at your fingertips with the new Oxford English Thesaurus for Schools app.
Oxford School Dictionaries and Thesauruses are trusted, accessible and up-to-date. All content is backed by a unique database of many million words and based on real language students use. All our dictionaries and thesauruses contain:
* Relevant, age-appropriate language
* Support for language development and writing skills
* Example sentences and real context show how words are used in practice
The Oxford English Thesaurus for Schools app is an ideal language reference tool for school and home, aimed at students aged 11-14. Containing 85,000 words, synonyms, antonyms, tips and example sentences, it supports secondary school students with their creative writing, extends vocabulary, improves spelling, punctuation and grammar, and inspires them to become confident writers.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
* Fun and engaging word games like 'Hangman', 'Word scramble' and 'Anagrams' give the opportunity to use newly learned words
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at email@example.com.