Join Amon and Amara for a magical adventure in ancient Egypt! This app combines an exciting children's story with fun games and astonishing artwork. All scenes have been carefully crafted and have a unique relationship with the Egyptian collection at the Dutch National Museum of Antiquities (Rijksmuseum van Oudheden, Leiden). The app tells a story of friendship and courage in an educational and engaging way.
Amon & Amara
The Egyptian princess Amara is terribly bored. She escapes the palace and meets Amon, a baker's son. He teaches her how to evade the crocodiles of the Nile. But one day Amon himself is caught by a crocodile. To save him Amara must decipher hieroglyphic messages, solve riddles and find a magical potion.
Classic and modern
This is a fun and educational interactive book. The story was written in cooperation with the Dutch National Museum of Antiquities and its primarily aim is to let four to nine year old children experience Ancient Egypt in a whole new way. A professional voice over is included, but the app also allows recording of your own voice over. Several games are included to immerse children even deeper in the story. For the inquisitive minds a visual encyclopedia is available.
Follow a Muse
Follow a Muse is a creative producer of interactive reading adventures specifically for tablets, smartphones and digital blackboards. With its carefully designed applications Follow a Muse caters to the growing need for more engaging learning experiences.
- Adventurous fiction mixed with facts from ancient Egypt
- Incorporating objects which can be seen in the Dutch National Museum of Antiquities.
- Crocodile jump: Collect as many marbles as possible
- Dress up Amara: Decorate and dress up and Egyptian princess
- Hieroglyph letter: Write hieroglyph letters and email them to friends
- Several smaller games are included on the story pages
- Integrated encyclopedia with pictures of objects from the museum
Reading and listening
- Reading the book on your own
- Listening to the included voice over
- Record new voice overs