iLessonReady™ updated with integrated Common Core Standards.
At A Glance view replaces the former Calendar view and now shows the daily learning tasks.
iLessonReady is a lesson development solution for teachers to engage students in learning while aligning lessons to the Common Core Standards. The Common Core Standards are now integrated using a dropdown selection process. The iLessonReady app guides teachers to create learning targets, learning tasks and feedback strategies (formative assessments) that help students achieve one learning target at a time until students achieve a learning goal aligned to the Common Core Standards. The tool is developed to align to long standing, research-based practices identifying the most effective variables that influence student achievement and engage students in the learning process (Black & Wiliam, 2012, 1998; Brookhart, 2012, 2008; Hattie, 2012, 2008; Pilcher, 2012, 2010; Stiggins, 2012; 2007).
iLessonReady now integrates the Common Core Standards using a dropdown selection process. This helps teachers unpack Standards into meaningful 30 Day Learning Goals and then align weekly and daily lessons to this goal. iLessonReady helps teachers ensure that students are engaged in learning that specifically aligns to achieving a complex skill defined by the Common Core Standards. The engagement occurs as teachers are creating
- defined learning targets so that students know what is expected each day to achieve an overall learning goal;
- learning tasks that align to learning targets that guide student practice toward achieving the targets;
- feedback strategies that promote a feedback loop in the classroom meaning feedback occurs as part of instruction and from self-reflection, peer input and teacher input; and
- summative assessments that align to a natural segment of instruction and culminate to reflect student mastery of the 30 Day Learning Goal or the unpacked part of the Common Core Standard.
• dropdown menu selection of Common Core Standards for English and Mathematics
• two navigational features (an outline and a “at a glance” feature) teachers can use to design and edit lessons,
• an end product in a PDF that can be emailed and saved,
• a way to sync to the iCloud to store lessons,
• a print feature,
• a home page of posted lessons by title and date,
• a guide in the form of FAQs that help teachers with the lesson planning process.
If teachers want additional resources connected to the iLessonReady planning tool, they can download an e-book, Who’s Engaged? Climb the Learning Ladder to See (Pilcher, 2012, 2nd edition) that compliments the iLessonReady app and provides details on how to engage students in learning using the lesson planning process linked to iLessonReady as well as samples of iLessonReady plans aligned to the Common Core Standards.