“Understanding Cholesterol” is a reference for both patients and clinicians. It provides essential information for safe and effective medical care and patient/family teaching. The content is provided by Scientific Publishing Ltd, a leading medical publisher.
Topics covered include:
- An overview of cholesterol – what it is, how it develops and how it travels.
- The differences between “good” (HDL) and “bad” (LDL) cholesterol.
- Atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) and its relationship to heart disease and stroke.
- The causes of and treatments for high cholesterol.
Interactive features include the ability to:
- Take written notes.
- Record voice notes.
- Enlarge text and artwork with the “pinch-to-zoom” feature.
- Search the text for key terms, which are then highlighted on screen.
“Understanding Cholesterol” downloads directly to your mobile device; no web connection is necessary after the initial download.
About Smarter Learning LLC
Smarter Learning creates mobile applications for businesses, educational institutions, and individuals. We offer a range of technological and editorial services. Visit www.smarter-learning.com to learn how Smarter Learning can help you implement your mobile strategy.
About Scientific Publishing Ltd.
Scientific Publishing is a leading medical publisher specializing in patient education-related items for the health care industry. Our goal is to help improve health by educating the consumer in human anatomy and health-related issues using dynamic, informative illustrations, models and teaching aids. Visit us online at http://www.scientificpublishing.com/.