The Portsmouth News Newspaper app brings you full colour PDF versions of the daily newspaper and every newspaper supplement, all presented in pristine detail and designed to be enjoyed on your tablet device.
Updated early each morning six days a week, the app gives you the opportunity to read the full edition of the paper and its supplements over breakfast, or download them for offline reading later.
In the app’s archive, you get access to full PDF versions of the last 30 papers and supplements, which include:
● The Weekend
● Sports Mail
When viewing a paper or supplement, you can pinch and zoom to enlarge the pages and articles, swipe through or jump to the next or other pages, use the search functionality to find specific articles, and view full pages either in single page portrait or double page spread landscape mode.
In addition, the app features the latest news from Portsmouth.co.uk, updated throughout the day and including photo slideshows and videos, which can all be shared on social media.
The news sections available are as follows:
● News – latest in-depth news from Portsmouth, Gosport, Fareham, Havant, Waterlooville and the surrounding area
● Pompey – in-depth coverage on Pompey including all the latest football news from Fratton Park
● Sport – the latest on other sports including Hampshire cricket
● Business - in-depth coverage from The News’s expert business journalists
● Lifestyle – everything from cooking and restaurant reviews to fashion and holidays
● Nostalgia – looking back at days gone by
● National - reports and analysis from across the UK
The News iPad edition is free for 30 days and then available via an auto-renewable subscription as follows: - the subscription costs £5.99 for one month, giving access to both the digital and paper editions within the app - payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase - your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period - your account will be charged for renewal within the 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, at a cost of £5.99 for a further month - you can manage your subscription via your iTunes account and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase - no cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period - The News reserves the right to alter the pricing at any point