This app introduces recreationally active individuals and competitive athletes (amateur, elite, and professional), of all age groups, to foods and drinks that can help them meet the nutritional demands of their exercise, training and/or competitive programmes. All recipes have been developed and reviewed by qualified sport and exercise dietetic and nutritional professionals, are based on the scientific literature, and follow international evidence-based sport and exercise nutritional guidelines and recommendation.
This app is aimed at:
- Educating active individuals on the foods and drinks that will contribute to maintaining a healthy balanced dietary intake during periods of adherence to exercise.
- Educating active individuals on the foods and drinks important for optimising sport and exercise performance.
- Describing a variety of recipes that integrates and combines different food groups, contributing towards meeting the nutritional demands of exercise, training and/or competition programmes.
- Describing tasty and quick to make recipes to cater for the hectic lifestyle of active individuals.
- Providing sport and exercise specific recipes that are simple to make using ingredients that can be purchased from the local supermarket, food store or markets.
- Providing a nutritional breakdown of all the recipes, and compares these with healthy eating guidelines; providing information on how each recipe may contribute towards meeting the nutritional needs of an active individual.
- Applying sport and exercise specific key labels, so that recipe users know when and how to apply each recipe to their daily dietary and active lifestyle regimes.