Meditation brings you into a deep communion with your own body and heart—but what happens when you are sick or in pain? With the Guided Meditations for Self-Healing app, Jack Kornfield guides you through meditations created specifically to ease physical and emotional suffering and to activate a powerful capacity for restoring yourself to wholeness. Join this leading meditation teacher and psychologist for three essential practices that tap the healing power of attention:
- Healing Presence—how to use the earth itself as your foundation to support you in self-diagnosis and restoration
- The Healing Temple—guided visualization to your inner sanctuary, encountering the great healer, and receiving the necessary gifts for true recovery and blessing
- The Healing Power of Love—directing the luminous spirit of lovingkindness to all the places in your body and spirit that are in need
We are conditioned to approach healing as an act of control, in which we judge what is wrong with us and impose a change. The way of awareness teaches us how to turn toward that which is injured in us with caring and fearless attention so we may open the door to true healing at every level of our being.
The Guided Meditations for Self-Healing app features:
- Insights and practices to ease physical and emotional suffering and awaken your healing potential (1 hour, 52 minutes of audio)
- “Why Meditate,” a bonus excerpt from Jack Kornfield’s book Meditation for Beginners
- “Starting a Meditation Practice,” a bonus video excerpt from Jack Kornfield’s Meditation for Beginners
- A relaxing slide show
- An interactive vine garden to enjoy while listening (iPad only)
- Bookmarking to help you easily find your favorite content
About the Author
Jack Kornfield, PhD, trained as a Buddhist monk in Thailand, Burma, and India and has taught worldwide since 1974. He is one of the key teachers to introduce Buddhist mindfulness practices to the West. He holds a PhD in clinical psychology and is the cofounder of the Insight Meditation Society and of Spirit Rock Center in Woodacre, California. He has written more than a dozen books, including The Wise Heart; A Path With Heart; After the Ecstasy, the Laundry; A Lamp in the Darkness; and more.