Everyone has used an audio guide inside a museum before. Well now you can have your own audio guide outside as you walk through the streets of London!
Using the iPhone's GPS and compass, your phone becomes your own personal London tour guide, taking you easily from one stop to the next. You can start when you want, finish when you want, and wander off and explore wherever you want.
Through 15 stops, this walk takes you through what was once the old Palace of Whitehall, home to many Kings and Queens of England, and scenes of many pivotal moments in British history. Some of the things that you will find on this walk include:
- Winston Churchill's World War Two bunker
- Downing Street, home of the current Prime Minister
- the only part of the old Palace still standing and site of the execution of King Charles I
- the official entrance to Buckingham Palace
- why the marriage of the last Duke of Cambridge was a disgrace
- the geographic centre of London
- Trafalgar Square
- why British streets got pavements
- the street with the strangest name in London
- the oldest wine bar in London
This app includes a detailed audio guide, written by people who are passionate about London's history that surrounds them. It also contains historical photographs and pictures to help you understand what Whitehall looked like in the past.
Start: Just by exit 6 of Westminster tube station
Finish: Next to Embankment tube station
Duration: This walk includes 15 stops and can be completed in 2 hours. However, to get the most out of your trip, we would recommend allowing extra time to stop off and visit some of the buildings and monuments that you will find on this walk.
There is no need to incur any costly data roaming charges with this app. The map is loaded when you download the app.
Enjoy your WalkAppBout!