Full of insight for the Christian life and now available for the first time in audio form, this App covers the third section of Martyn Lloyd-Jones' famous sermon series "Studies in the Sermon on the Mount".
There simply is no better way to capture all the insights shared about being a Christian from Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones, one of the most famous and gifted preachers of all time.
This series of 11 sermons carefully identifies 5 key principles of the Law that Jesus wanted to make sure we know and understand. For example “…The purpose of the law as expounded by Christ is not to keep us in a state of obedience to oppressive rules, but to promote the free development of our spiritual character." and “…The law of God, and all these ethical instructions of the Bible, must never be regarded as an end in themselves.”
The lessons are as relevant today as when Dr. Lloyd-Jones first delivered them in London over half a century ago at Westminster Chapel.
The app provides fully navigable audio as well as read-along text; complete with a detailed glossary, bible references, hymns, narrator video, and other fun stuff (see FEATURES, below).
The Sermon on the Mount is one of the most familiar passages in the Bible, but is also one of the most frequently misunderstood. For Martyn Lloyd-Jones, the failure of the church today to appropriate its message is a telling symptom of its superficiality, ineffectiveness and unattractiveness. ‘The Doctor’, as he was affectionately known, shows throughout the series the remedy for the church’s lamentable weaknesses in Jesus’ lakeside teaching, which he explains and applies memorably, through the Sermon’s rainbow of themes:
• Blessedness • Joy • Spiritual Mourning • Salt and Light • Denying Oneself • Fasting • Anxiety • Discernment • Self-deception • Trials and Tests of Faith •
With both the audio narration and the text, you can go back-and-forth from reading at the breakfast table, to listening while you commute to work, and reading again before bedtime. Just tap, and you can easily shift from one to the other—or follow along in the text as you listen!
Everything is built especially for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch, and you will enjoy the extensive features that come as part of the Folium enhancedAudio™ experience.
FEATURES: This app includes a professional recording by Kingfisher Audio’s narrator, Chris Allen and was mastered by John Keane Studios.
• EXPERIENCE. About 5 hours of narration. Created as a Folium PiP™ edition, this book includes the text as an enrobed, non–detachable accompaniment to the audio.
• EXTENSIVE “EXTRAS”.
- History of Dr. Lloyd Jones from Iain Murray
- Quotes about Lloyd Jones from John Piper, John MacArthur, and others
- Details of each hymn and bible verse by sermon
- Detailed glossary of terms and people
- Video commentary from the narrator
Go behind the scenes, learn more about Martyn Lloyd-Jones, discover the people and places he discusses, study the hymns and Bible verses he mentions, and expand your understanding of Jesus’ sermon.
• FUN STUFF. The app includes a collection of puzzles related to the lessons collected here.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the book you’ve come.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airplane-ready and subway-friendly! Once downloaded, listen uninterrupted without threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
Look for these other great Lloyd-Jones apps from Kingfisher Audio:
• The Beatitudes: The Essential Nature of the Christian
• Salt & Light: The Function and the Purpose of the Christian in this Life
• Fellowship: The True Nature of Fellowship with God
• Walking: Walking Under the Father’s Eye