The Click To Read series is a collection of stories for early readers using SymbolStix communication symbols to build vocabulary, encourage early literacy and support comprehension PLUS opportunities for switch training with meaningful content.
My Country teaches citizenship using facts about our country's capitol, the 50 states, and national symbols and holidays.
Read the Story - hear the story read in cause and effect mode; independent access to text.
Interactive Story - expand the meaning of text and picture symbols.
Tell the Story - demonstrate understanding with 3 levels of cloze activities.
Show What You Know - additional practice and opportunity to demonstrate understanding of core vocabulary in these 3 leveled games: Bingo, Vocabulary Practice and Concentration.
- SymbolStix graphic support color-coded for Aided Language Support
- Supports mouse, touch screen, keyboard, up to 3 switches, and interactive technology
- 3 levels of scaffolding for cloze activities, BINGO, Vocabulary Practice and Concentration
- Answer choices are randomly generated so the student experiences a new activity with each interaction
- Story reading, prompting and reinforcement with either male or female voice
- Customize for low vision, scan prompts, auditory reinforcement
- Built-in auto and 2-switch step scanning with cueing options