Asterion Tools is a set of calculations commonly used in metal finishing processes. This app provides quick calculations of data for electroplating. Calculations include surface area, plating times, plating thickness and addition rates based on tank volumes. This also includes conversion calculators and a link to helpful articles, videos and troubleshooting guides on our website.
The platform includes calculators, conversions, and a reference table.
- Plating Thickness: Calculate the plating thickness based on the electrolyte, time and current density
- Surface Area Calculator: Calculate surface area of common objects using the objects dimensions
- Tank Volume: Calculate the tank volume of a common object using object dimensions
- Addition Rates for Tanks: Calculate the total addition in liters or gallons based on Tank Volume and Percent by Volume add
- Current Capacity for Bussing: Calculate the amperage of an object based on metal, height and width
Conversions allow the user to convert from:
- English to Metric
- Metric to English
- English to English
- Mils, Microns, Tenths
- Metal Content of Common Salts allows the user to easily find the formula, molecular weight, or percent metal for common salts
Additionally, the Asterion Tools App includes our latest blog posts, videos, information on Asterion and how to contact us.
What’s New in Version 2.0
- iOS Enhancements
- Mobile and Tablet usage
- Updated calculations
- Articles, videos and contact information