Full of insight for the Christian life and now available for the first time in audio form, this App covers the fith section of Martyn Lloyd-Jones' famous sermon series "Studies in the Sermon on the Mount".
There simply is no better way to capture all the insights shared about being a Christian from Dr. Lloyd-Jones, one of the most famous and gifted preachers of all time.
In this series of 16 sermons Dr. Lloyd-Jones makes clear “It is as if our Lord were saying that the final thing which matters is not what men think of us, but what God thinks of us … we are reminded all along that our life here is a journey and a pilgrimage, and that it is leading on to a final judgment, an ultimate assessment, and the determination and proclamation of our final and eternal destiny.”
Dr. Lloyd-Jones leads us through the toughest issues of Christian life dealing with personal and spiritual judgment, pursuing the narrow way and the straight gate, the Golden Rule, wise and foolish house builders, and powers of darkness masquerading as angels of light. It is a seriously compelling and thought provoking series.
The Sermon on the Mount is one of the most familiar passages in the Bible, but is also one of the most frequently misunderstood. For Martyn Lloyd-Jones, the failure of the church today to appropriate its message is a telling symptom of its superficiality, ineffectiveness and unattractiveness. ‘The Doctor’, as he was affectionately known, shows the remedy for the church’s lamentable weaknesses in Jesus’ lakeside teaching, which he explains and applies memorably, through the Sermon’s rainbow of themes:
• Blessedness • Joy • Spiritual Mourning • Salt and Light • Denying Oneself • Fasting • Anxiety • Discernment • Self-deception • Trials and Tests of Faith •
With both the audio narration and the text, you can go back-and-forth from reading at the breakfast table, to listening while you commute to work, and reading again before bedtime. Just tap, and you can easily shift from one to the other—or follow along in the text as you listen!
Everything is built especially for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch, and you will enjoy the extensive features that come as part of the Folium enhancedAudio™ experience.
FEATURES: This app includes a professional recording by Kingfisher Audio’s narrator, Chris Allen and was mastered by John Keane Studios.
• EXPERIENCE. About 8 hours of narration. Created as a Folium PiP™ edition, this book includes the text as an enrobed, non–detachable accompaniment to the audio.
• EXTENSIVE “EXTRAS”.
- History of Dr. Lloyd Jones from Iain Murray
- Quotes about Lloyd Jones from John Piper, John MacArthur, and others
- Details of each hymn and bible verse by sermon
- Detailed glossary of terms and people
- Video commentary from the narrator
Go behind the scenes, learn more about Martyn Lloyd-Jones, discover the people and places he discusses, study the hymns and Bible verses he mentions, and expand your understanding of Jesus’ sermon.
• FUN STUFF. The app includes a collection of puzzles related to the lessons collected here.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the book you’ve come.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airplane-ready and subway-friendly! Once downloaded, listen uninterrupted without threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
Look for these other great Lloyd-Jones apps from Kingfisher Audio:
• The Beatitudes: The Essential Nature of the Christian
• Salt & Light: The Function and the Purpose of the Christian in this Life
• The Law: The Relationship of the Christian to the Law of God
• Fellowship: The True Nature of Fellowship with God