BOOKS COME TO LIFE WITH CHESSAPPS
“ChessApps Books” is a free chess books reader.
No matter what is your level of play, you will certainly like to have a board handy when trying to follow a chess game or reading an article, don’t you?
Chessapps offers you an interactive chessboard that is automatically synchronized with the text of the book, and follows it as you read.
PLAY, ANALYSE AND ANNOTATE.
But with Chessapps you can do much more than just follow the text:
- Enter notes and variations, analyse and store them along with the book. Forget about marginal notes. Chessapps organizes everything neatly.
- Solve positions: set the time and play over the moves provided by the author. It is a fantastic training tool!
- Get computer advice by turning on the analysis engine. You can copy directly one or more moves, examine and save them. Play against the computer any position of the book, whenever you want. You can set the time, analyse the moves and save the game later (chess engine already available in Windows, very soon in iPad).
FAST AND COMFORTABLE NAVIGATION
The program recalls the exact point you left each book the last time and it allows you to move around quickly with the built-in navigation controls.
- Enable speed-adjusted auto play and relax while the program plays the game for you.
- Consult the general index for fast access to each chapter or check the index of games for direct access to each game or position.
- You will never get lost: jump through games and variations and ChessApps will always remember the way back.
- Save your favourite games and find them easily later.
- Go to portrait mode (iPad) to hide the board and enjoy a more comfortable read.
YOUR NOTES AND MOVES NEATLY ARRANGED
While reading a chess book, how many times have you wondered what would happen if you play a particular move? Indeed, one of the prominent features of this reader is that at any time the user can make a move on the chessboard. Isn’t it cool? And don’t worry, you can’t spoil anything, because the original books are not changed by the user's actions. All variations and added notes are stored separately, and can be shown, hidden or deleted.
LEARNING FUNCTIONS: “A TRAINER AT YOUR FINGERTIPS”
With Chessapps, the use of chess puzzles takes on a new dimension. It’s not only about solving the first move, but you are going to be asked to find the complete solution, simulating a real game and even activating a chess clock. For years this was the preferred training method of the Soviet school, now at your service in ChessApps.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE TITLES
Don’t forget to visit our shop to download some free titles, like “Bobby Fischer”, a book dedicated to the life and games of the legendary American champion.
SYNCHRONIZE YOUR IPAD WITH YOUR COMPUTER
With ChessApps it is very simple to have your chess books ready, everywhere you go. Provide the program with your email and set a password to automatically transfer your books to all your devices.
Please, visit our website to know more about us: www.chessapps.net
Follow us on twitter to know beforehand the new and forthcoming titles
Feel free to send us your suggestions and don’t forget to rate our app and write a review at the App Store, we will be most grateful!