'On Call' enables you to set your phone to silent mode and still receive an audible alert if you miss a call that arrives between a time period that you specify.
This is particularly useful for workers with an on call period that starts during the night.
For example, you may work in a profession that requires you to be on call from 3am. You don't want to have to wake up at 3am but you need to know if you receive a call after that time, and you don't want to hear any calls received before that time.
- When you go to bed in the evening you set your phone to silent mode and set 'On Call' to be active from 3am.
- Should any calls arrive before 3am the phone will remain silent
- If a call comes in after 3am the phone will still obey silent mode but once the call rings out (or goes to message bank) an alert will sound to wake you up and notify you that you have just received a call which you can then action by checking the message and returning the call.
***NOTE: To address some of the reviews:
- This app will not work with text messages, I would love to add this if I could but detecting message arrival is not something that is allowed within an app so it isn't possible.
- "Only works unless switch is turned off" - This is the point of the app - you have your phone on silent so it doesn't ring, but it plays an alarm after the call rings out because alarms can be heard even if the phone is on silent. An app cannot control the loud/silent state of the phone so this the way it needs to be set up.