INCLUDES OFFLINE MAP - NO DATA CONNECTION NEEDED
Everyone has used an audio guide inside a museum before. Well now you can have your own audio guide outside as you walk through the streets of London!
Using GPS and a compass, your phone becomes your own personal tour guide around London, taking you easily from one stop to the next with turn by turn instructions. You can start when you want, finish when you want, and wander off and explore whenever you want.
As you go through the 15 stops of this tour, you will find that Westminster contains more royal history than probably any other part of London. Kings and Queens have lived here, been married here, been crowned here and buried here for almost one thousand years. It has also been the seat of English government since Parliament began in the 1200's.
Some of the things that you will find on this walk:
- which way Big Ben leans
- the old medieval Westminster hall
- the burial chapel of many of the Tudor and Stuart Kings and Queens
- traditions of the House of Commons that now form part of everyday English
- World War Two air raid shelters
- original street gas lamps
- why footballers can pass the ball forward
- Westminster Abbey and its Sanctuary
- the Palace of Westminster Division bell
- Duck island and its governor
- Horseguards parade ground
- Buckingham Palace
The app includes a detailed audio guide written by people who are passionate about the history of London that surrounds them and includes historical photographs and pictures to help you imagine what London was like in the past.
Start: Westminster underground station
Finish: Buckingham Palace, close to Green Park underground station
Duration: The walk includes 14 stops and can be completed in two hours. However, if you want to spend longer exploring or to stop off at Westminster Abbey, allow half a day.
There is no need to incur any costly data roaming charges with this app. All the maps are included in the app.
Enjoy your WalkAppBout!