Syml offers a new approach to how you control and interact with text on iOS, designed specifically to take advantage of the iPad's large screen. It’s a minimalist yet powerful text editor built around seamless Dropbox sync and natural gestures that let you interact directly with your words.
- It has persistent, unlimited undo through an interactive gesture, that makes Undo and Redo a fluid part of the editing experience
- Interactive highlighting and editing of Markdown
- An interface that feels at home on the iPad Pro
- All the themes and fonts that you need to make your writing environment look and feel exactly how you want
- Fully optimised to take advantage of multitasking
- Full text search and Spotlight integration
- Create markdown versions of websites via the share extension
- Suggests actions for you based on the current text, for instance to quickly open a URL
- Pinch to expand selection (it's hard to describe, but pretty neat)
- Advanced Keyboard support
Syml requires a Dropbox account. It offers a simple, searchable list of all your documents within a single folder. If you’re familiar with NVAlt’s approach to managing text documents, you’ll recognise the way it organises your files. You can quickly filter down to the document you want using fuzzy abbreviation matching or full text search.
This is a text editor for writers that looks deceptively simple while offering a depth of powerful features. Syml gets out of your way, and lets you focus on your writing.