La Vue mixes live police radio and streamed ambient music channels while displaying beautiful views of skylines to provide a dreamy, cinematic experience from cities across the US. Simply swipe between the cities for a unique, live, audiovisual experience that is never the same twice.
- “Strangely intriguing concept for an app” – Federico Viticci, MacStories
- “Best spent dollar ever: It's like a never ending Michael Mann film inside your head.” – Covox, chiptune artist
- “take the youarelistening.to site and turn it into an app and you have @LaVueApp, it is oh so cool.” – Bushra, UK
Use La Vue in any of the following ways:
• On the go – put on your headphones and listen to sounds and music from cities around the US using your iPhone as you go
• At home – prop up your iPad and enjoy an ambient audio-music backdrop from your favorite city while a beautiful photo slideshow optimized for the Retina display is shown
• Alarm clock – use La Vue’s alarm function on your iPhone to wake up to music and sounds from cities around the US
• Ambient sounds and music from cities across the US that blend to create a unique – at times emotional – experience
• Ken Burns style display of stunning photos from the cities
• Local time display for the current city
• Alarm clock that lets you wake up to sounds from all over the US (iPhone only)
• Sleep timer (iPhone only)
• AirPlay and Bluetooth speaker support (via Control Center, enable mirroring when using Apple TV)
• 3D Touch support – press on the home screen icon to start playing a specific city immediately (iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus only)
• Twitter and Facebook sharing
• Los Angeles, California – realtime LAPD police radio
• San Francisco, California – realtime CHP SFBA police radio
• Chicago, Illinois – realtime CPD police radio
• Detroit, Michigan – realtime DPD police radio
• Baltimore, Maryland – realtime BPD police radio
• New York City, New York – realtime NYPD police radio
PLEASE NOTE: the app experience is dynamic and depends on the current activity on the police radio channels and the music playing at the time of listening.
Follow @LaVueApp on Twitter for updates and feature requests.