A wonderful way for students to learn division by distributing objects (virtual beads) and develop a visual and kinesthetic understanding of division. Division Board app is a virtual rendition of the Montessori Division Board that demonstrates sharing of the dividend beads, across the divisor skittles to discover the quotient - the “share of one”.
Educational Tool for the iPad
visit us at www.MontessoriTech.net to learn more about our apps and join in our conversations on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/MontessoriTech/122269517808644
Review, practice, and expand your child's division skills the Montessori way.
Students will be able to:
- work on randomly generated division math facts, select a specific division table to work on, or create custom problems.
- use the "show me" function to see how the app works.
- learn and practice division math facts visually and kinesthetically.
- use the material as flash cards, only using the beads when they need to.
- understand visually what a remainder is.
- change the divisor (skittles) to see other ways of dividing a number using a new divisor.
- have fun with math!!!
MontessoriTech is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 5-9
Categories: Math, Division