Bialowieza Forest is an ancient woodland that straddles the border between two countries – Poland and Belarus. It is one of the last and largest remaining parts of the immense primeval forest that once stretched across the European Plain.
"One should bow first to Bialowieza Forest, the Methuselah of European forests, before starts to reflect on its fate. Bialowieza Forest most definitely deserves a photo document presenting its current state; a book portraying its architecture.
Jaroslaw Chyra, the author of this record, has mainly concentrated on the core element of the forest, which is the tree stand. He has not immersed himself into the richness of the forest floor or its micro fauna nor has he perturbed the peace of animals dwelling in their refuges. This book is a walk through mossy trees, untouched from time immemorial, that surrender to storms and age; logs rotting in the black bogs, a colonnade of slender soaring trunks, the oak and hornbeam dry-ground forests; ash and alder marshy meadows, and finally through alder swamp forests with alder and spruce, wildwood and bog swamp. We get to touch the cracked bark of oaks – the patriarchs and stop in a deep shade of trees older than us. And think. Think in silence..." ~ Andrew Strumillo
* APP FEATURES *
– High quality pictures optimized for:
– iPad (both regular and Retina displays) & iPad mini
– iPhone & iPod touch 3.5" (both regular and Retina displays)
– iPhone & iPod touch 4" (Retina displays)
– Diaporama mode with calm music and real sounds of the forest
– Each picture can be saved in Photo Library for future non-commercial use
– Postcards generator on iPad - use these pictures, edit your text and send a nice postcard to your friend
– This app runs offline. No Internet connection needed.
*** Run this app and relax in the primeval forest ***