Education is the foundation and catalyst for changing the state of human rights in the world, but educators need effective materials and tools they can use to easily incorporate human rights in their curriculum. To fulfill this need, we have now transformed the United for Human Rights curriculum into an entirely virtual online education experience with this United for Human Rights iPad Application. This application gives teachers and educators everywhere a resource to help bring the concepts of human rights to life and make them a reality in the hearts, minds and actions of those who study the subject.
The United for Human Rights curriculum is designed for secondary and post-secondary classrooms and adult education classes in community settings. It may be used as a full course or as a supplemental resource in another curriculum.
This app is free for both teachers and students.
- Full interactive classroom environment, built to facilitate several learning environments, providing tools for both the teacher and the student
- Teachers can use the application to deliver the curriculum to students right in the classroom
- Tutors and home school teachers can manage several students at once, customizing the curriculum for the needs of specific students in a remote or one-on-one scenario
- Lessons shown on the chalkboard tailored for the students, giving the teachers the ability to walk through the steps with the students
- The Teacher’s Guide section provides the full educator’s guide and lesson plan for each lesson, allowing them to prepare lesson delivery beforehand and also deliver the curriculum step by step using the iPad in class
- Notice Board section gives teachers the facility to post up exemplary student answers for the class to see for discussion purposes and to make teacher announcements
- Student Roster provided to manage your students, review progress and assign grades for each student
- Grading system provided with the ability to assign a grade, pass or flunk, with full notes
- Notifications and messaging system provide the ability to send and receive messages to individual students
- All United for Human Rights educational videos, booklets and materials are provided in the resources section, as well as in-line with the lessons themselves, ready for immediate viewing
- Additionally, all materials can be downloaded for viewing, making these available whether you are online or offline
- Is fully synchronized with your online classroom at http://education.humanrights.com, where teachers can also login with the same account information, where the same tools and environment is provided, including more advanced class management and grading
- Students can download the application and do assignments either right in class, or at their own pace under the guidance of a tutor or counselor
- Full lesson plan displayed right on the chalkboard for students to progress step by step through the curriculum
- Videos and booklets provided in-line with the course steps
- Steps include essays, questionnaires, assignments and homework
- Ability to download all materials needed to do homework outside of class
- Notifications section available to exchange messages with the teacher and review the lesson grades
- All downloadable resources are available to the student for viewing and sharing with friends
- Student’s progress through the curriculum is fully synchronized with his online login at http://education.humanrights.com, and students can complete lessons on either the iPad or the website