- *WARNING* - We have reports of the app crashing under iOS 10. If you upgrade to iOS 10 you may not be able to use the app.
OperaVOX accurately measures how your voice changes throughout the day, week or month. Use it to track even minor changes in the quality of your voice; find out when your voice is at its best and at its worse. Use the OperaVOX diary and personalised graphs to help you learn what affects the quality of your voice.
OperaVOX brings advanced voice quality analysis capability to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and gives you the convenience of professional voice analysis in the comfort of your home or workplace. It uses state-of-the-art voice analysis algorithms to measure the quality of your voice straight from your device, without the use of specialist equipment. This software has been built by doctors, medical researchers, signal processing engineers, and speech and language pathologists specialising in voice quality analysis.
Is the quality of your voice important to you? Are you a teacher, sales person, aspiring or professional singer, actor, or business person whose work primarily involves using your voice every day? Do you think the quality of your voice is getting better or worse and wish you had an objective way of telling by how much?
You can also easily share your voice recordings and analyses with family, friends, your doctor, speech and language pathologist, voice coach and colleagues via email.
1. User-friendly interface with comprehensive help and user prompts.
2. Quick on-device voice analysis using state-of-the-art signal processing algorithms.
3. Immediate audio playback along with visual representations of the recorded to make sure you are happy with the recordings.
4. High-quality voice recordings (16 bit, 44.1 kHz, uncompressed wave format files) for listening and comparison.
5. Automatic measurement of the ambient noise and asking the user to try again in a quieter recording environment if necessary.
6. Voice Stability Analysis of a sustained vowel (like ‘Aah’)- with a 5 second automatic countdown.
7. Presentation of voice stability measures such as mean pitch, jitter and shimmer on the recorded vowels.
8. Recording and analysis of a phonetically balanced text (e.g. the Rainbow Passage).
9. Analysis of mean pitch and pitch range on phonetically balanced text (F0, maximum and minimum pitch).
10. Measurement of the longest you can hold a note - Maximum Phonation Time (MPT) (Best of 3 attempts with manual over-ride).
11. Singing pitch range – to measure the highest and lowest tones you can sing.
12. History of pitch, jitter, shimmer, pitch range, singing pitch range and MPT represented graphically - compare historical analyses and track progress graphically.
13. Capability to email analysis results and audio files as attachments.
14. Capability for manual extraction of all audio files and analyses through a personal computer using iTunes.
The outputs from OperaVOX are for informational purposes only and are not meant to be a substitute for professional medical advice or diagnosis. Please seek advice from your doctor or speech pathologist, if you are concerned about your voice quality.