Don't be confused by imitators. iHunter Alberta is the #1 Hunting app for Albertans!
Regulations updated annually once released by the province.
iHunter Alberta gives hunters and outdoor enthusiasts a new view into Alberta's wildlife management units. By overlaying the WMUs on top of the built in iOS maps, users can see their current location and which WMU they are in. Dive deeper into specific WMUs to see which big game, bear, cougar, and game bird seasons are open. Contribute to the map by adding your own waypoints to keep track of hunting spots, past animal harvests, and landowner contact information.
Features (Most work offline):
- Includes season summary for 2016 / 2017 (works offline)
- View WMUs on top of built in iOS maps (WMUs display offline)
- Select WMUs to view its summary of big-game, predator and game bird seasons (works offline)
- Add waypoints to the map at your current location, the centre of the map or where you tap and hold (works offline)
- Add waypoints to the map based on your known GPS locations (works offline)
- Edit the name, description, image and location of your waypoints (works offline)
- Store Landowner contact information in waypoints to keep track of all your hunting contacts in one place (works offline)
- Use the sunrise / sunset calculator to look up legal hunting light at your location or a waypoint location (works offline)
- Send your friends or family an email with your current location so they can easily find you (requires internet to send email)
- Share waypoints via Twitter and email to friends and hunting partners (requires internet to share waypoints)
- Display Weather at your current location or at a waypoint location (requires internet to look up weather)
- Quick dial for Report A Poacher (requires cell connection to make call)
- No-hunting regions layer (National Parks, Provincial Parks, Provincial Recreation Areas, Ecological Reserves and Wilderness Areas)
- Indian Reserve boundaries layer
- Import waypoints and tracks from .gpx files
In-App Purchases Available:
- Public Land Access Layer 1-year subscription: View Alberta's Agricultural Lease Land Boundaries, including the leaseholder contact information and lease access restrictions for Farm Development Leases, Grazing Leases, and Grazing reserves. Search these leases by lease number, leaseholder name, or access restriction text. Also view the Alberta "Green Area" boundary (portion of the province that is almost all public / crown land). Finally, view all the Vacant Public Land lease boundaries, which include Pipeline Agreements, Easements, and Licenses of Occupation.
- iHunter Pro Tools: One week free trial! In-app purchase to add the iHunter Pro Tools (filter WMUs by species, search the map, most recently viewed list, favorites list, draw over the map and save in a waypoint, track your position, speed and altitude)
- Land Ownership Maps: 45+ land ownership overlays are available. See where you are in relation to private and public lands nearby.
Note: The iHunter Pro Tools location tracking feature uses the GPS on your device. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.