This resourceful study tool contains over 1,000 of the most common words and pronunciations in the Greek New Testament and is compatible with most popular Koine Greek grammars.
Basics of Biblical Greek Vocabulary Cards is the most convenient way to increase your biblical Greek vocabulary. Based on William D. Mounce’s extremely popular printed flashcards (http://zondervan.com/9780310259879), it includes all words that occur 10 times and more in the Greek New Testament, as well as a number of other common or popular words. With this app, you can study these words arranged by their associated chapter in your Greek grammar, frequency, part of speech, and more. Now you never have to leave home without your Greek flashcards! It serves as an excellent resource for both new students, as well as those that have had Greek, but want to renew their studies.
Summary of Features:
- Over 1,000 of the most common biblical Greek words
- Cards linked to 5 popular Greek grammars
- Sortable by chapter (in related grammars), frequency, and part of speech
- Viewable alphabetically, by frequency, or randomly
- Test your knowledge with a “Quiz Mode” that tracks your progress
Detailed Description of Features:
This program allows you to filter and sort your vocabulary cards in a number of helpful ways. If you are just beginning your study of biblical Greek, you can view the cards according to their respective chapter in the grammar you are using. Or, if you are further along in your study, sort your cards by frequency or part of speech. Once you are more familiar with the cards, you can quiz yourself, while the program tracks your right and wrong answers. Additionally, the “Sharing” feature allows you to easily tell your friends and fellow students about the application.
The following grammars are supported:
(If you would like to add an additional grammar, please let us know!)
- Basics of Biblical Greek, by William D. Mounce
- Learn to Read New Testament Greek, David Alan Black
- New Testament Greek for Beginners, J. Gresham Machen and Dan G. McCartney
- The Elements of New Testament Greek, Jeremy Duff
- A Primer of Biblical Greek, N. Clayton Croy
- With more to come!
Zondervan and iCode are committed to providing you the best flashcard tool possible. If you have suggestions on how to improve it, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to include the most helpful suggestions in future releases.