Interactive study guide to the definitive global health film series.
LIFE Before Death is a multi-award winning documentary series that asks the fundamental question underpinning our mortality:
How will you die?
This free interactive study guide takes us on a journey to 11 countries as we follow the remarkable health care professionals battling the sweeping epidemic of pain that threatens to condemn one in every ten of us to an agonizing and shameful death. Through the eyes of patients and their families we discover the inherent humanity that empowers the best of us to care for those beyond cure.
This is an intimate hopeful and life-affirming story about living well and dying better, advocating for making the most of every moment in our life before death.
The study guide is designed for students, teachers, health workers, activists, advocates and the general public.
- Narration by David Suchet
- Seven short films
- Interactive photo galleries
- Important quotes as audio clips
- Original soundtrack
- Background information
- Research materials & links
- Plot breakdowns
- Theme explanation & analysis
- Discussion topics
- Summary & analysis of the film series
Learning outcomes include:
- Understanding the scale & scope of the crisis in untreated pain globally
- Understanding the role of palliative care and hospice in patient care
- Understanding the barriers to accessing essential medicines and services
- Understanding what actions may bring about positive social outcomes
- Pain of various types
- Opioid medications including morphine
- Life limiting illness including cancer & HIV/AIDS
- Death & dying
- Human rights
This study guide is self-contained and can be used independently of accompanying materials. However, for the richest multi-platform experience it is recommended that this Study Guide is used in conjunction with a screening of the Feature Film or 55-minute documentary which can be purchased on DVD from www.lifebeforedeath.com or rented / bought from the iTunes Store.