ChewyGPS runs in the background to periodically send device location, motion, and position updates by email to selected contacts without you having to touch your phone. ChewyGPS can also post your location and device's information to Facebook. Good use cases for using ChewyGPS would be to let those without iOS devices know your location every so often while you are running a marathon, driving, or performing errands without even having to touch your phone! No more having to bother updating people with where you're at and what you're doing. ChewyGPS will handle that.
1) Choose your time interval for sending/posting your location: 15, 30, 60, or 120 minutes.
2) Enter your name (optional). Your name will be used in the email messages sent to your contacts.
3) You can enter up to four contacts (optional).
4) Login to Facebook through Chewy Check (optional). Enter your Facebook message that you want posted to your timeline, like "Walking home from school" or "Driving to San Fransisco!".
5) Tap the "Start" button!
Dear Contact Name,
I am registered to send you my location every hour.
See where I am on a map at (link to your location on map).
My speed is 3 mph. (iPhone is laying still in the rightside up position).
If you sign into Facebook, your Facebook message will also be added into the automatic emails sent.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.