Medicine has been dependent on pagers for communication for years. Physicians have become increasingly dependent on their mobile devices. The proliferation and evolution of these mobile devices have provided efficiencies and new methods of communication. Yet pagers remain incorporated in the practice of medicine. Those pager companies produce essential services, their operators providing redundancies to keep physicians apprised of vital calls. iPagerMD combines strengths of mobile phones and traditional pager services into one device.
1. Eliminate carrying both pagers and mobile phones
2. Capitalize mobile device processing and flexibility
3. Incoming calls recognized accurately from contacts
4. Contacts imported from internal contacts and cloud
5. Contact groups provide organization and efficiency
6. Hospital administration pager contact lists remotely
7. Geotagging option already built into the application
8. Activity logged automatically for contacts/application
9. Nuance powered voice to text for outgoing pages
10. Secure application encryption and pager protocols
11. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter incorporation
12. Server application build being designed
13. Consider for iPhone iOS
a. “Smart vibrate”: Vibrate x times then ringtone
b. Custom Vibration Patterns announced for iOS
c. Twitter application integration announced for iOS
d. Develop iPagerMD into AMA mobileMD platform
Feature List Current iPagerMD Application Build
1. User Login with secure standard communication
2. Autologin for immediate application access
3. Manage contacts in-app and eventually server
4. Compose pager message for outgoing pages
5. Compose pager message with voice to text.
6. Compose page from contacts or keyboard
7. Provision to maintain favorite Contacts List.
8.Automated logging all messages exchanged.
9.Separate Dialer screen provided for quick dial.
10.Push notifications so user can always receive pages 11.Pages received even if iPagerMD app is not running. 12.Geotagging and rich notifications with sender details 13.Import Contacts from Linkedin and Facebook.
14.Contact tabs for Linkedin, Facebook and iPagerMD 15.Import from internal contact book selectively
16.Pager contacts separate from internal iphone contact book