Immortalize your photos in the hauntingly beautiful Tintype photographic process invented in the 1850′s. Tintype makes your photos timeless.
Very narrow depth of field, gorgeous textures, and organic borders take your photos back 150 years. We hope to educate the world on Tintype photography and pay homage to the art form itself.
local Tintype photographer and watching the process in person over her shoulders as she worked. Of course no digital process will even come close to a true Tintype so if this style interests you call up your local Tintype photographer and book a session!
In V2 we'd like to include a complete database of every Tintype photographer we can find so you can locate your nearest one and book an in-person shoot. If you know of a local Tintype photographer let us know by tapping the "heart locket" button on the homes screen, the tapping "send us feedback" so we can include them in this list. Also use this method to let us know of any features you'd like to see or any questions you have!
• Created in collaboration with a world class Tintype photographer for authenticity.
• Beautiful design and graphics
• Make stunning Tintype photos on your iPhone or iPad - its a universal app.
• Selective focus tools enable you to control depth of field in your photos
• Use texture filters to create more depth in your Tintypes
• Use border filters to create organic Tintype borders and oystering
• Share to Instagram, Facebook, and your Camera Roll
• Learn about how real Tintypes are made on the history page
***We've had some reports that users with IOS 5.1.1 get an immediate crash when opening. We are getting this fixed immediately and will have the update over to iTunes for approval today (June 11, 2013). In the meanwhile please upgrade your IOS to the current version which will fix the issue for now!***