Food Reference is a handy pocket reference database of food nutrient values, based on the latest definitive standard reference database of nutrient values from the US Department of Agriculture.
*** Food Reference is at a special introductory low price – the price will go up soon, so get it now! ***
Food Reference contains the complete nutrient database of over 8,000 foods from the US Department of Agriculture, offering fast and easy ways to search the database for a food of interest. The database is included in the application, so you don’t have to be online to use the application.
Food Reference provides several different ways to locate a food of interest:
- Search by one of 25 different food groups defined by USDA, such as Dairy and Egg Products, Breakfast Cereals, Poultry Products, etc.
- Search by one of over 870 different food types, such as Apricots, Bagels, Beans, Sausages, etc.
- Free text search by entering part of a food description
- Search for foods rich in selected nutrients
Whether you are interested in just the basic nutrient information or the fully detailed information, Food Reference is the perfect tool. You can choose a Basic Report of nutrients for a food, showing the amounts of major nutrients (where available) in a standard serving:
- Food energy value (kcal)
- Water, protein, total fat, ash, carbohydrate, total dietary fiber, total sugars
- 11 different minerals
- 25 different vitamins
- Saturated fat, monounsaturated fat, polyunsaturated fat, trans fatty acids, cholesterol
- Ethyl alcohol, caffeine
The detailed Full Report includes all nutrients shown in the Basic Report plus (where available):
- Vitamin D2 and D3
- Added vitamin E
- Added vitamin B12
- Individual amino acids
- Individual fatty acids
- Individual sugars
The nutrient reports show the amount of nutrients contained in the edible portion of the food based on a standard serving size of 100g, but most foods offer alternative serving sizes for selection.
The full USDA food database and powerful search features are included - no hidden, locked features you have to pay extra for.