Rhythm 101 serves as a reinforcement to students learning rhythm values for music reading. It contains several quizzes that are very common in music classrooms everywhere (Switch between American and British Terms). Built by a music educator, Rhythm 101 can be used to reinforce rhythm lessons, as an independent study / reinforcement tool, or to introduce individual students to rhythms. It is appropriate for beginning elementary school students through beginning band / chorus / general music students of any age. Rhythm 101 includes:
- A brief introduction lesson about rhythm
- Chart that displays quarter, half, eighth, whole notes / rests and values
- Rhythm samples to listen to and read
- Rhythm Listening Quiz - plays a measure of music and the user picks which one was played
- Rhythm Math Quiz
- Timed Rhythm Name Quiz - User has 5 seconds to pick the appropriate symbol that matches the name.
- Timed Rhythm Value Quiz - User has 5 seconds to select how many beats a rhythm gets