Kodable – Programming Curriculum for Elementary
This companion app to the award-winning Kodable Curriculum is designed to teach computer science to elementary students grades K-5 (Ages 4-11).
KODABLE CURRICULUM (Common Core Aligned)
- Over 40 scripted, Grab & Go lesson plans
- Complete Scope and Sequence for every concept
- Over 200 on-screen activities for students
- Roster Upload + Google Classroom Integration
- Homeschool and Parent curriculum available!
Kids learn the fundamentals of every modern programming language in a fun and inviting way. Concepts learned through the Kodable Curriculum include
- Sequence/ Order of operations
- Algorithmic operations
- Conditional logic statements
- Variables including Strings, Integers, and Arrays
- Object Oriented Programming
- Classes and Subclasses
LOST IN SPACE
The furry aliens, known as Fuzzes were exploring space when their ship unexpectedly crashed on the maze-covered planet Smeeborg. The naturally curious fuzzes need kids to program them to explore all the colorful Technomazes on the planet’s surface.
WHY CODE WITH KODABLE?
Even before your children can pronounce the word "algorithm" they have an astounding ability to learn how to use them. Today's best programmers fell in love with coding at a young age by experimenting with the concepts taught in Kodable. Understanding computer science empowers your child for the jobs of tomorrow, and expands your child's mind to solve problems today in more intelligent ways. Students also learn incredibly important ‘soft skills’ such as
- Problem solving skills
- Higher level thinking skills
- Collaboration skills
- Communication skills
- Critical thinking skills