MyEyeGym is an app developed by the Singapore National Eye Centre (SNEC). It is an orthoptic eye exercise app for people who have an intermittent squint with difficulty maintaining good eye alignment. Squint (or strabismus, the medical term), is a condition where the eyes are not looking together in the same direction simultaneously, with or without the presence of double vision. There are many types of strabismus and MyEyeGym is suitable for only certain kinds, usually horizontal, non-paretic, and intermittent. Please check with your eye care professional to
see if you are suitable for these eye exercises.
Research has shown that performing fusion exercise with stereogram images is effective in improving the binocular status of people with certain types of strabismus. Besides aligning the eyes, these exercises help restore and maintain Stereopsis or 3D (three-dimensional) vision – where two images, one from each eye, are fused
(joined) together and seen as a single image in three dimensions. Stereopsis or 3D vision is important as the appreciation of depth is useful in situations such as threading a needle, running down the stairs, parking a car, playing ball games
like basketball or tennis, etc.
This version is ios 8 compatible.
In MyEyeGym, you will find:
1. 18 amazing and interesting stereograms with cartoons and animation
2. Eye exercise images that are suitable for both adults and children
3. Various levels of difficulty to enhance improvement
4. Tools for tracking and recording compliance, as well as the levels achieved
5. Alerts to remind you when it is time to do the exercise
6. Bonus interactive games
What’s great is that the app is Fun, Engaging, Stimulating and Interactive with a variety of cartoons and animation.
Through this app, SNEC hopes to encourage those who need these exercises, to participate actively in the improvement of their visual function. With MyEyeGym, eye exercises never need to be boring again!
For feedback or to unlock Levels 2 and 3, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the other useful apps developed by SNEC:
- MyEyeDrops – Medication/eye drop reminder for glaucoma patients and their caregivers. The app will indicate the right eye drops for the right eye at the right time.
- MyEyeMatters – Comprehensive educational information on various eye conditions, symptoms, prevention, treatment and useful eye care tips.
Singapore National Eye Centre (SNEC)
Singapore National Eye Centre (SNEC) is the designated national centre within Singapore’s public sector healthcare network. It spearheads and co-ordinates the provision of specialised ophthalmological services with emphasis on quality education and research.
SNEC’s facilities include an 8-storey tower block and a four-storey podium block and it consists of three floors of outpatient clinics supported by comprehensive ancillary facilities, nine operating theatres with expanded day recovery suites and two floors housing the Singapore Eye Research Institute's research clinics and research laboratories.
Ten subspecialties have been established to provide a full range of eye treatment from comprehensive to tertiary levels for the entire spectrum of eye conditions:
2) Corneal and External Eye Disease
3) General Cataract and Comprehensive Ophthalmology
5) Medical and Surgical Retina (Retina Centre)
7) Ocular Inflammation and Immunology
9) Paediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Strabismus
10) Refractive Surgery
The centre’s one-stop multi-subspecialty approach to treatment of complex eye conditions, a quality assurance programme that is backed by 100% audit of outcomes and its pursuit of high-impact translational research have placed SNEC as one of the premier eye centres in the region.
Singapore National Eye Centre
11 Third Hospital Avenue, Singapore 168751
Tel: (65) 6227 7255
Fax: (65) 6227 7290