PoDo, the Portfolio, is an application that can automatically synchronize your device documents from a server (WebDav or FTP protocols), so that you have with you all the necessary documents when traveling in a fashion completely offline, no need network connection.
There are several file transfer applications, more or less rich in features, but all return to the same principle: we will find on an FTP server or one or more other documents well defined in order to use them locally on the device. When several of them have been changed, nothing is proposed to prevent differences. You never know if it has the correct version on his device. And more what is the use of having a powerful file management without files? Knowing that each application has its own space that can't be shared, you will anyway not access the documents you have written with other apps, you will recover in one way or another ..
Synchronization protocol requires nothing other than specifying the first folders and / or files to synchronize - Filters -. If thereafter a new document has been made available on your server in a folder you have previously selected, the new document will automatically be repatriated during synchronization. Those who have been deleted from the server will also be deleted from your device - to keep still, use the Import method described below -. Finally, only those that have been modified will also be repatriated.
Import mode - or Backup mode - allows to use the device as a backup for your PC and/or server. Use is the same, but no removal shall be made on the device, everything is kept.
- Mode smart synchronization from your WebDAV server: select files and folders to synchronize only changed or new ones are repatriated, the deleted files will also be on the device
- Backup mode: select files and folders to import, no suppression on the device. This mode allows for example to save your documents from your PC to the device
- Profile - login, password, and server selections of files / folders - is kept to automatically synchronize
- The server can be located anywhere on the Internet or your local network, and only requires WebDAV or FTP - EasyPhp for example for Windows users -
- All file types are supported, and all known types are displayed directly: images, videos, txt document, pps, xls, doc, pdf, ...
- Access to the application is protected by a code, essential to protect confidential documents. After 5 unsuccessful entered, all files are deleted, no other choice but to repeat the operation of backup or sync, the only way to protect your data
- Interfacing with other installed applications: sending a document by mail, publishing with Pages, Numbers, etc..
- Ergonomics simple and neat, like the most popular apps
More informations at :