*** THE BEST VOCABULARY APPS IN THE APP STORE ***
Knowji makes the highest quality and most effective vocabulary apps in the App Store. You won't believe how quickly you'll learn! Knowji Vocab 5 is designed for children around age 10, or any ESL learner looking to quickly enlarge their basic English vocabulary. Our apps are Common Core aligned.*
*** WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ***
"If you’re looking for an app that reaches all types of learners, Knowji has you covered. With pictures, synonyms, antonyms, sentence examples and more, children will pick up new words quickly." Monica Burns, Apple Distinguished Educator, K12 teacher, New York
"I love the pictures and the characters. In one week, I learned 100 words and recalled the definitions verbatim." Lauren Goodkind, California
"I used this app with my ELL students - they LOVED it! If you're looking for an app that will motivate your students, then you have found it!" Denise Waite, MS, CCC-SLP, Bayside High School, Florida
*** ABOUT KNOWJI APPS ***
Our built-in MEMORY COACH uses scientifically proven methods to ensure that you'll learn and remember hundreds of words quickly and easily. Our team of content creators, including Stanford University graduates and PhDs, spent years developing rich, engaging content so that you won't just memorize words, you'll really understand them!
*** WHY CHOOSE KNOWJI? ***
Knowji offers the richest set of content and the most effective technology to help you learn and remember. When evaluating other apps and learning systems, ask yourself if they offer you what Knowji offers you:
- Image: A beautiful custom image for every word.
- Audio pronunciation
- Example sentence(s): Sentences are written with endearing characters that help you develop an emotional connection with the words you're learning.
- Collocations: Use words you’ve learned with collocation information.
- Word family
- Verb tenses
- Adjective comparatives & superlatives
- Nouns in singular & plural forms
- Many roots and affixes
- Spaced Repetition: A scientifically proven method for optimal memory retention. The app keeps track of how well you've learned a word, and presents challenging words more frequently than others. It even suggests a time when you should drill again before you forget the words.
- 4 Learning Modes: Passive & active recall (including spelling), receptive & productive learning.
- Quiz: Quiz yourself anytime using multiple modes.
- Goal Setting: Specify how many new words you want to learn per day, or set a target completion date.
- Search: Look up words a word, definition, or example sentence.
- Favorite a word so you can quickly reference the word later.
- Do Not Learn: No more wasted time learning words you already know.
- Progress Tracker: See how many words you've learned and how well you know them.
- Status Report: Parents and teachers can track a child's learning progress.
- Accent Reduction & Proper Pronunciation: Record your own voice and compare it with Knowji’s voice.
*** COMMON CORE ALIGNMENT ***
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.5.4a, L.5.4b, L.5.4c, L.5.5c
*** Download our FREE Knowji Vocab Lite app and sample content from all our apps! ***
CONNECT WITH US:
facebook.com/knowji (for fun word quizzes)
knowji.com (We love hearing from you.)