If you have trouble remembering what you've learned, then this is the app for you.
*** THE BEST VOCABULARY APPS IN THE APP STORE ***
Knowji makes the highest quality and most effective vocabulary apps in the App Store. You won't believe how quickly you'll learn! Using words specifically chosen for the SAT®/GRE®/ACT® exams, Knowji Vocab 8 is designed for anyone aged 13 and over. Build your vocabulary now and be empowered! Knowji apps are Common Core aligned.*
*** WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ***
“I am an English teacher. I now have 3 of your apps for myself, and I encourage all my students to buy Knowji's apps as they're studying for the SAT. Knowji, you're a life-saver.” Ms. Barber, The Harker School, English teacher, San Jose, CA
"The best vocab app around! It really helped me build my GRE vocabulary. Thank you Knowji!" Sam Thanapornsangsuth, Chulalongkorn University student, Fulbright Scholar, Thailand
"The best SAT vocab learning app I’ve ever used. I learned new words at an incredibly fast pace, faster than I thought I would learn, and faster than just using flash cards. I recommend this app to everyone to use. It’s a wonderful investment to learn words not just for the SAT, but for everyday use. Thanks Knowji!” Kelly C., Castro Valley High School, CA
"These folks have proven that learning doesn’t have to be boring. This is the most fun way of learning vocab words I have ever come across. I’m glad someone finally made something like this." Abhijit Sharma., Chicago, IL
*** ABOUT KNOWJI APPS ***
Our built-in MEMORY COACH uses scientifically proven methods to ensure that you'll learn and remember hundreds of words quickly and easily. Our team of content creators, including Stanford University graduates and PhDs, spent years developing rich, engaging content so that you won't just memorize words, you'll really understand them!
*** WHY CHOOSE KNOWJI? ***
Knowji offers the richest set of content and the most effective technology to help you learn and remember. When evaluating other apps and learning systems, ask yourself if they offer you what Knowji offers you:
- Image: A beautiful custom image for every word.
- Audio pronunciation
- Example sentence(s): Sentences are written in a story-like format with endearing characters that help you develop an emotional connection with the words you're learning.
- Collocations: Use words you’ve learned with collocation information.
- Word family
- Verb tenses
- Adjective comparatives & superlatives
- Nouns in singular & plural forms
- Many roots and affixes
- Spaced Repetition: A scientifically proven method for optimal memory retention. The app keeps track of how well you've learned a word, and presents challenging words more frequently than others. It even suggests a time when you should drill again before you forget the words.
- 4 Learning Modes: Passive & active recall (including spelling), receptive & productive learning.
- Quiz: Quiz yourself anytime using multiple modes.
- Goal Setting: Specify how many new words you want to learn per day, or set a target completion date.
- Search: Look up words by the word itself, definition, or example sentence.
- Favorite a word so you can quickly reference the word later.
- Do Not Learn: No more wasted time learning words you already know.
- Progress Tracker: See how many words you've learned and how well you know them.
- Status Report: Parents and teachers can track a child's learning progress.
- Accent Reduction & Proper Pronunciation: Record your own voice and compare it with Knowji’s voice.
*** COMMON CORE ALIGNMENT ***
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.8.4a, L.8.4b, L.8.4c, L.8.4d
*** Download our FREE Knowji Vocab Lite app and sample content from all our apps! ***
CONNECT WITH US:
facebook.com/knowji (for fun word quizzes)
knowji.com (We love hearing from you.)