Hog and Frog, an interactive illustrated children's audio book by Susan Syddall.
Engaging illustrations and text have been designed to motivate children to read for pleasure and information.
Hog is determined to be a terrific, tiny tree frog. Frog is determined to show Hog why this is impossible.
Each time Frog points out a problem, Hog finds a humorous solution until he encounters the biggest problem of all!
Find out what the BIG problem is.
WHAT'S UNIQUE ABOUT THIS APP?
Our stories are designed to help children develop a love of reading. We do this by using:
•Rhyme: This helps children to read word families and develops reading confidence.
•Rhythm: Helps children recognise patterns in words and sentences and makes reading a pleasure.
•Repetition: Allows children multiple opportunities to recognise, revisit and master written words.
•Humour: Engages children in the text.
We aim for our books to:
•Foster a love of language
•Build and extend vocabulary
•Capture children's interest
Each story contains GUIDE NOTES for parents/educators which suggest activities and experiences which will extend children's learning based on concepts introduced in the books.
- Original score and fun sound effects.
- Interactive learning activities which encourages comprehension and language development.
MORE ABOUT HOG AND FROG
HOG AND FROG is part of a literacy series designed to help children learn to read. Fun activities and games based on HOG AND FROG are available from our website.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR FREE FUN EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MORE...
- printable games such as spot the difference, picture puzzles, hidden word puzzles, scrambled sentence puzzles
- printable HOG AND FROG Board Game
- Guide Notes which for curriculum activities (art, science, language, social/emotional/ moral development, physical, critical thinking, maths)
And it’s all FREE!
HOG AND FROG IS LOVED BY
Boys and girls ages 3 - 8
PARENT NOTICE ABOUT THIS APP
- Does not collect/share any user's personally identifiable information.
- Does not contain Social Network Integration or other Social Features.
- Does not contain ads.
- Does not contain In App Purchases for additional content.
“Top notch in beautiful illustrations, storyline, expressive narration, rhyming text, the many interactive activities and child friendly navigation.
Both my boys, 3&6, love these apps. They remain engaged and have great replay value.
As a parent, I especially love the “Guide Notes”, they are so helpful and insightful.
We now have 5 apps from the series and they have been a wonderful addition to our digital library.
I would HIGHLY recommend this app!”
Parent and App Reviewer
"Hi Susan, the books were super easy to download to my iPad!
They are fantastic stories. The illustrations make the stories come to life.
The best part for me, however, are the activities – and they are printable!!!!
Thank you so much! The children in my Year 2 class will love these stories!"
Michelle – Year 2 Class Teacher
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK
We'd love to hear from you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org