Alfresco Mobile Workdesk is an enterprise ready mobile content management solution. It connects to any CMIS compliant Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system and the Mobile Workdesk Server. It is the first mobile solution designed to support large deployments of leading ECM systems such as Alfresco Enterprise, IBM FileNet P8 or IBM Content Manager 8 with thousands of users and millions of documents and eFiles.
The Alfresco Mobile Workdesk Server provides business logic to the app based on the user’s role in an organization. This results in different “flavors” of the very same app for different user groups. For example, the sales force gets a sales “flavor” whereas claims assessors get an assessor “flavor”. Yet both groups are using the same app! The central administration and configuration of Mobile Workdesk eliminates the need for custom developments and individual rollouts with all associated costs.
Users create, edit, and review corporate documents and participate in workflows and approval processes specific to their roles. Mobile Workdesk gives them access to the most current information and decision tools wherever they are.
At a glance:
• Different flavors of the app based on the user’s business role
• Business role-based search templates and dynamic folder structures
• Central administration and configuration
• Navigation designed according to common iOS standards
• Browse, search, and upload mirroring Alfresco functionality
• Download documents for offline use
• Support for English, German and French
By default, the app runs with a demo system, but it is also ready for integration into production environments.