Titanic – New York Press reviews the first week of press coverage in New York following one of the deadliest maritime disasters in history. Original issues of The New York Tribune, The Evening World, and The Sun from April 1912 have been carefully scanned and professionally converted using docWorks digitization software.
Read the news from 1912 and search across all issues or within a particular issue. Hits are highlighted (headlines in blue, search terms in red) for easy navigation and display. A table of content provides a „book-like“ access tot he newspaper issue. Combined with a thumbnail preview of all pages and the table-typical gesture control, this app is truly something special for people who literally want to get in touch with digital publications.
Check out our other carefully crafted apps with original press coverage of important historic events.
OVERVIEW OF FEATURES
- A virtual exhibition of curated historical newspapers, enriched with an informative introductory text.
- A total of 100 newspaper pages from New York, spanning the seven days following the sinking of the RMS Titanic in 1912.
- Download specific or all issues on demand.
- A total app size of 580 MB packed with high-quality scans and metadata (we recommend downloading in a wireless LAN environment).
- Extra functions, such as a table of contents and text search with hit highlighting.
- A convenient thumbnail-preview bar with each publication.
- Attractive user design with intuitive navigation, easy page swiping, and two-finger zooming
For over 40 years, CCS has been developing solutions for digitization of valuable library and archive holdings (Digital Library). To learn more about CCS, creating apps with digital newspapers and docWorks, please call us at +49 40 227130-0, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.