Synesthete is the perfect dose of eye-candy.
Synesthete is waves, lenses, mirrors, blobs, cells, beautiful graphics made in real-time on the iPad or iPhone ... Apple keeps improving that GPU, so we may as well use it.
You are in the drivers seat: draw using your fingers, explore by tilting the device, and use the easy but powerful controls.
Synesthete has many inbuilt patterns and colorisations, and all are powerfully customisable.
* Make a distorted fun-house mirror that pulsates like water using the ‘wave’ pattern.
* Fly past endless intricate detail with the ‘deception’ pattern.
* Tessellate for a kaleidoscope effect
* Play a uniquely trippy game I call ‘fractal surfing’ (youtube clip to come)
* Some shaders let you visualise the mic inpu, and even produce synth sounds from what's on screen.
... with endless variations from subdued to pretty insane, it’s up to you.
If you find a pattern you like, take a snapshot and share it from within the app. Each snapshot doubles as a sharable bookmark that saves your settings for later.
There is a twitter feed built in to the app, and with one tap on a tweeted snapshot you'll be playing with the settings used to make it.
Push notifications let you keep up to date with the new patterns I'm playing with.
* Choose from speedy to retina-fine detail
* Record a video to share on YouTube.
* For visuals people, it projects nicely using airplay as a second display
* For the tech-endowed, you can edit the shader code from within the app. Make your own patterns, tweet, share.
If you love the app, please buy it (the free version has a banner ad and is a little cut down), tweet a snapshot to #synestheteapp, rate it, recommend it
.. even put a vid on youtube, or display it in front of a crowd.
Please send me an email if it breaks, I can fix it (see support page for contact).